Sunday, July 18, 2010

Bags, Bags, and more Bags

My best buddie Jennifer took an embroidery set that I found in my father in law Gregg's mothers house, while cleaning it out and finished it for my dining table. It turned out gorgeous!

Here is the thrift store pile from Friday!


And the crazy bag I wanted to hate...










So.....






Jay came home from his trips last week with a goodie bag for me. You guessed it, more vintage linens. There were a pair of pillowcases that he was particularly proud of. I, on the other hand was not overly enthusiastic. However, I started working on them to please him. Turns out, I was happy to be wrong. The fabric was the olive green and white outer portion of the bag, and the other pieces were from men's shirts. I LOVE it!


















I did the bag sale on Friday, and hit the jackpot! So many great pieces to work with. So I brought the bags home and dumped them and took pictures and counted them out. This is the first time I have ever done that. It turned out to be 80 pieces of clothing I STUFFED in those bags!






2 comments:

  1. I love it that Jay helps you with your vintage "finds" - too sweet!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete