Saturday, July 24, 2010

Sewing, sewing, sewing
















I feel like I have spent every minute of the last 6 days sewing. That is a really good thing, I just need to figure out how to balance my time. The funny thing is, I told myself each day, "At 1:30, I am going to go outside and lay on my float in the pool. And just float." And every afternoon, the storm clouds rolled in. Like clockwork. It was almost comical.










So while things are moving along on the running a small business front, I also have to move things along in my discipline. I hate that word. I like words like, "spontaneous" and "thrifting" and "reading". Those now have to be scheduled.










I have neglected my study of the Scripture lately, and am so disappointed with myself. I had this awesome plan to study the life of Paul during the summer months. I have given myself over to the plan that I will now wait until school starts, and I have a few quiet hours during the mornings. So, in the meantime I went back to my hip-high stack of books (waiting to be read) beside my bed. I have started reading John Pipers Passion of the Christ. Boy, talk about deep. How easily I forget the Saviour's love for me in my ramblings and musings. How easily I forget that the Almighty God of the Universe created me and loves me. I tend to put such earthy and human qualities on Him. I thank God for His unfailing and unchanging nature.










I am very much looking forward to riding with Jay to visit a couple of offices this week. It will give me some much-needed time with him and the two little kids, and I have a bag ready of things to work on in the car. I get to thrift, and hit a fabric warehouse and my fave store. Anthropologie just put out a bunch of fall arrivals, and I can't wait to see them in person.










Have a great Saturday everyone! We are completing our chore list today so that we have everything done before our big ole family week next week. I can't wait to see my cousins and aunt and uncle.










Here are a few of the new bags I made this week: Jay keeps trying to get me to sell the Market Bag.





1 comment:

  1. DON'T SELL THAT BAG...KEEP IT! Tell Jay to hush his mouth! :)

    ReplyDelete