Saturday, November 20, 2010

American (Indian) Torture

Madison's class had a field trip yesterday. Anyone who knows me knows I love a good field trip. Out of all four kids, I think I have miss two field trips. Ever. Because I had just given birth. (NO excuse, I know.)

Me and my girl
I wish I had missed this one.

Actec Indian
We went to Fort Story to an Indian Pow Pow.  The Indians were beautiful, the Fort is beautiful. The kids were not. We were guided down a path toward a large circle, where there was a dancing ring, and stands around the outer edge. The kids were encouraged to come around the circle and watch the dancing and participate.  Unfortunately, they were much more interested in all of the shopping opportunities on the outer edge of the circle. This makes a control freak mom crazy.  The kids refused to listen to my demands suggestions to stop touching the merchandise, as they had no money with which to shop.  (I could see the terror in the shop-owners' eyes.)  I still don't understand why they would invite 1,001 school-age kids to an event where all but one stand was shopping! Makes no sense to me at all.  They lost interest in the dancing/display in about 5 minutes, so that left the parents and teachers to frantically trying to keep them happy and out of trouble for the other 3 hours and 55 minutes. Did I mention Madison's teacher was out of town and unable to attend? I wish I had gone with her. 
Epic Fail.

Dancing With Raindrops

But I did get some cool pictures. I told the kids to pretend they were having fun. :)
With an Indian chief
Maddie and Jameson

This is what they did, when I told them to pretend they liked each other. ;)
A terrible rock demonstration
Gabby and Maddie
My other daughter Rachel.

No comments:

Post a Comment