Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanks for Giving

Making pies
I feel like I have skipped town on the blogging front, but had been very busy setting up and preparing for Thanksgiving.  Jay and I hosted more than 20 family/extended family. I think everything went extremely well, except for my sister Valerie's cherry pie mishap. (Slippery little suckers)
Here are some photo's from our preparation and Thanksgiving Day:

My sister came over Wednesday afternoon to make apple and cherry pies. We played around with new ideas for the crust this year.+



I look really tired! :)

 

The cherry pie before...

The cherry pie after...


Zach and Madelyn (my niece) slicing apples.


Then we set up the tables. (See what Jay is doing in the background?  Yep, that is Modern Warfare addiction at its best.)

Yay! All done before bed.

The butter server, Valerie.
My aunt Sue, and my mother in law, Nora.
Me with them. ;)
Me and my trusty side-kick.

3 comments:

  1. Love these photos! You guys did a great job!!!! 20 people, that is super impressive and all your pretty table decorations are L-O-V-E-V-L-Y! ;) MIss you friend! :) Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. your sweater is just this side of perfect. sporty and fun!
    and that pie is amazing. i wish i had that skill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. I think I am going to Costa Rica next year for Thanksgiving. You might see OOTD pics of me in a bikini. ;)

    ReplyDelete