Monday, September 27, 2010

Kara Please Don't Go...

This week Jay and I watch our dear friends Jordan and Kara move up to Quantico.  They have been such  wonderful friends, and although this is not goodbye, it will be hard to not see them every week. They just got back last week from Africa, bringing home their second child from an orphanage in Nigeria.  I have fallen in love with little Ajuma as fast as I fell in love with Job.

Me with a sleeping Ajuma

Our Bible Study girls came over to my house after study Thursday to have a little "Please don't go" brunch.  The turn out was great, and I think everyone was excited to meet Ajuma, eat and chat.

The group gave Kara a signed card and a Target gift card. And I made Kara a diaper bag, so she could throw away the Wal-Mart bag. :)


Kara makes a perfect bag model. :)

3 comments:

  1. Look at Kara's Tucker for Target dress- so cute! I never did find that one, but now I want it more! Are you a member of the church of Christ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! She had JUST returned from Africa, and I saw her the next day. I said, "Kara! Have you already been to Target?!" She said, "Yes, I just couldn't stand it." Haha, she looks adorable. Always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I go to a Southern Baptist Church, but the Bible study is made up of all sorts of girls. I love that. We are all just growing in the knowledge of God.

    ReplyDelete