Friday, September 24, 2010

The Sweetest Thing

T.J. with Cory, taken Sunday
As most of you know, my oldest son turned 16 Wednesday!  That day brought back a flood of memories about what my life was like the day he was born.
The circumstances around his birth were difficult. I had a lot of growing up to do in a very short time, and many decisions to make.  The easiest one was to Chose Life. The hardest were how to accomplish that. 
I was lucky to have the support of Jay, who never bailed on me once. The day we found out about our pregnancy, I said to him, "You don't have to do this. I am. If you don't want this, you can go.  But don't come back. I won't have the back and forth for this kid."  I never expected him to stay. He had no commitment to me, nor I to him. But he stayed.  I would say we both "manned up" to the situation.  Looking back, I don't know HOW we did it?  Except God.
The Lord looked out for us in our stupidity, and turned the most difficult time of our lives into the greatest joy.  Our marriage and our parenting could not be anything but a testimony of grace.  The happiness we share, and the three more children that came after are nothing more than added bonuses.  I am more thankful for my children than anyone could imagine.
I can't wait to see what the next 16 years bring!


T.J. with his constant accessory.


No comments:

Post a Comment